Security is an essential task for any Windows PC. Here are a few tricks you can use to be safe from Viruses and Spyware. These below simple tricks will keep your Windows PC safe and secure.
Tricks To Keep Windows PC Safe
Show Filename Extension
By default, Windows disables this option. But you can enable this option. This option will show the extension of the filename. For example, if this option is enabled your filename will be like. FileName.exe. This trick is very handy to know the extension of the file.
Many of the PC users get infected because they think that the file with Icon like Program is EXE File and file with Icon like Image is Picture. But nowadays new viruses are being produced which look like image files but they are not. Using this trick you will know what the file extension is so you can be safe.
Here is the below guide to enable this option.
- Go to Control Panel > Folder Options.
- Click on the View Tab.
- Now un-check “Hide extensions for known file types“.
- Click on OK.
Protect your PC using Good Anti-Virus or SpyWare in Windows
Using reputed Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware software is a must for any Windows PC. This software will protect you from known viruses. If you haven’t installed any Anti-Virus or Anti-Spyware then Install it before it’s too late.
Always Create a System Restore Point Before Installing Any Software
Whenever you install any software or do some system changes then before doing these changes you should create a System Restore Point.
System Restore is a great software provided in Windows, which lets you create backups. For example, sometimes when you do system changes or install software and if that changes or software damage your Computer you can use System Restore point to undo that change or damage done by the Software.
If you don’t know how to create a System Restore point then follow the below small guide.
- Right-click on Computer > Properties.
- In the Task Pane click on System Protection.
- Click on Create > Name the Restore Point and Click on Create.
Create a Password Reset Disc in Windows
If you have a password on your Windows account then creating Password Reset Disc is a must for yours. Now, if you forget your password then Password Reset Disc will help you to regain access to your computer.
If you don’t know how to create Password Reset Disc then follow the below guide.
- Go to Control Panel > User Accounts.
- In the Task Pane click on Create a Password Reset Disc.
Follow the instructions on your screen and you will succeed in creating a Password Reset Disc.
Create a System Image to be Safe in Windows
System Image is advanced protection. It works always if System Restore Point fails to restore your Computer. System Image is an exact copy of your Windows Drive. If you hard-disk fails or something goes wrong then System Image can restore your computer. System Image will require a lot of space and It’s recommended to save System Image copy in Flash Drive or DVD Drive.
If you do not know how to create a System Image then please follow the below guide.
- Go to Control Panel > Backup and Restore.
- In the Task Pane click on Create System Restore Image.
- Choose where do you want to save your backup image. We recommend you store your image in Flash Drive or DVD and click Next.
- Now choose which drives you to want to include. You can choose the drive you want back along with your Windows drive so your files are safe. Click on Next.
- If you have done everything then click on Start Backup.
That’s It! If you have more tricks about Windows 7 then please share with us!