One of the most significant and essential editing tasks that every user must know is how to resize an image online. The task is so consequential that it is no longer only relevant to those who identify as tech geeks; instead, it is bound to come in handy to everyone. Whether you are required to upload a scanned image of essential documents online or save some space on your device, compressing documents or photos is mandated on these occasions.
Luckily, with numerous online tools, resizing an image is very easy for non-expertise users. And here we are with the list of all possible ways that you can use to resize an image online on any device.
How to Resize Image Online Using a Windows Desktop
All windows computer comes with MS Paint, as we know by default. Hence, this may be the easiest way for users to resize an image. Follow these steps to proceed:
- Right click on the image you want to resize.
- Select Open with Paint.
- The image will be displayed using MS Paint. And here, you will find the option to resize on the top bar. Click on that.
- On the resize and skew window, choose if you want to resize the image by percentage or pixels, and then enter the required dimensions of the image horizontally and vertically in that particular unit.
- To keep the image size constant, tick on to maintain the aspect ratio. Otherwise, leave it unticked so you can get an image with the exact height and width you mentioned.
- When you’re done adjusting, click on OK.
Unless you use Windows 10 or above software, the abovementioned steps will work fine. But those who use Windows 10 or above the desktop would have to use Paint-3D (that is an updated version of MS paint) to resize an image. And their interfaces are quite different. For this:
- Open the image using Paint 3D.
- And then go to the canvas icon from the top menu.
- The editing section will appear, and you will see a menu panel on the right. From here, adjust the settings to resize the image. You can tick the lock aspect ratio to maintain the proper image size or leave it unticked to create an image with that exact height and width. Just keep in mind this will change the size of the file.
- At the end, click on the menu and save any changes you made.
How to Resize an Image Using the MacBook
The majority of graphic designers prefer Mac books over Windows PC when editing. This is because the default image viewing tools with the software have an abundance of editing options. This makes changing the designs and resizing images even more straightforward. Hence, if you are also a Mac Book user, here are the steps to resize an image using one.
- First, open the image you want to resize in Preview.
- Next, go to the tools option on the bar above and select the option to adjust the size.
- An edit pop-up window will appear on the screen, and here, you are required to tick on the Resample Image button.
- Then, change the unit to Pixel or Custom as you want and enter the width and height you want.
- Tick scale proportionally also if you want. And once you finalize adjusting, click OK.
- To resize images in a batch, open all of them in the same window and then follow the above steps.
How to Use Resize Images Using Adobe Photoshop
It is almost impossible to discuss image editing without mentioning Adobe Photoshop. Considered one of the best online image tools available in the online market, Adobe Photoshop has every feature possible in an editing tool. Needless to say, the app is not free as other mentioned tools, and as a result, it is mainly purchased by professional graphic designers. However, if you also decide to buy the app for its versatility, here is how you can use it to resize an image online.
- First, open the image using Adobe Photoshop.
- Then, select the Image button on the top bar.
- Choose Image Size from the drop-down.
- Adjust the required dimensions of the image. You can even change the resolution here if you want.
- Lastly, click on OK.
Use Free Online Image Resize Tools
Suppose you are not using a Mac Book, Chromebook, and Windows 10 or above device, yet you have access to a web browser. In that case, you can also try these free online images resize tools available to every device with an internet connection. It doesn’t matter if you use a desktop or even your phone. For demonstration purposes, we are giving you a step-by-step guide on using these tools on a phone and PC.
How to Resize Images Online Using Free Tools
- Launch any web browser on your computer.
- Then search for the Simple Image Resizer.
- Once the site loads, you will have to upload the image. And the option to select an image will be available on the front page.
- Next, set the % by how much you’d like to reduce its size. For instance, if you have an image that is 1MB in size and needs under 250Kb, select 75% of its size to be reduced.
- If you want to change its dimensions, click on the dimensions option and enter the required height and width of the image after setting it to a percentage or pixels as you’d like.
- Once all the features are appropriately set, click on the resize button.
- It will take a few seconds to form the image; once it is done, you can download it from there.
Some other image-resizing tools you can use online are iloveIMG, IMGonline, Resizepixel etc. You can try any of these if the simple image resizer is not working on your browser. The steps to function all these tools are similar to the ones mentioned above.
How to Resize Images Online Using Mobile Apps
If resizing images is a frequent chore for you, then we suggest you download one of the many free image-compressing apps available on the Play Store. Here we are choosing Photo Compressor.
- Go to Google Play and download the Photo Compressor app.
- Launch it and give permission to access your files.
- Next, select if you want to compress your image from a large to a smaller size or resize it in terms of height and width; Let’s choose compression first.
- Choose the image from your files.
- Then tap on the button to compress to a specific size.
- Enter the expected kbs of the image after compression.
- Finally, enter the compress. The file will be compressed to the ideal size and automatically stored in your gallery in a new folder.
- To Resize the image, go back to the app’s front page.
- Choose to Resize and select the desired image.
- Next, enter the wanted height and width of the image. Also, ensure to change the unit to percentage or pixels, depending on your need.
- Then turn on the toggle to keep the original quality.
- Lastly, enter the Resize button.
The image will be resized or compressed as you want. You can use both of these methods on the same image if you’d like to reduce its size and change its dimensions.
Note: In the procedure mentioned above, using any image resizing tool, whether, on the browser or an app, you can apply the resizing technique on multiple photos simultaneously. The trick is to long-press one image when choosing it from your gallery and then tap on all the photos you want to resize. Every image you selected will be uploaded to the tool to be edited.
- 7 Best No Crop Apps For Instagram (Post Uncropped Photos)
- How to Send Full Resolution Images on WhatsApp
- How To Compress Files On Android (Audio, Video, Images)
Many laymen consider resizing images to be cropping an image that it is not. The entire process can require manipulating pixels per inch to reduce the image size from MBS to KBS. Nonetheless, the advantages of knowing how to resize an image online are countless, even for the average everyday user. Hence we hope you also learned something useful today and could use this information the next time you try to resize an image online.