Check Word Count on Google Docs: Word estimates Google Docs could be an easy tool to confirm your content has associate applicable length, you’ll be able to live the entire word count, what number words you’ve got inside a doc.
And the way several characters you’ve got, and your page count victimization the word count tool in Google Docs, allows us to see the way to check word count on Google docs.
Google Docs will show the word and character count for your entire document or a specific section of the Google Docs document. Let’s dive deep to understand the way to get the word count for a whole Google Docs document, or for a specific section of the text, in your browser, or within the Google Doc apps for Android and iOS.
Check Word Count on Google Docs
If you wish to count the words in your Google Docs document, then “Word counter” can do wonders for you. Reckoning on whether or not you’re employing a Macbook or notebook computer, or desktop, tablet, or smartphone, there are some alternative ways to open the word counter.
On a Desktop or laptop computer, you’ll be able to open the Google Docs’ word counter via either the mouse or a keyboard shortcut.
Follow the steps below:
- Open your Docs document that you wish to visualize the word count.
- Find the Tools tab at the highest of your Google Docs document.
- Click Tools > Word Count.
- You can see what number of pages you’ve got in your Google Docs, what number of total words you’ve got in your Google Docs, what number of characters you’ve got with areas, and the way several characters excluding areas.
NOTE: There is a checkbox “Display word count while typing“. Enable it and you’ll have the live word count for your documents and all the other info you just saw opening the word count tool. So, now you do not need to, again and again, open this tool.
To see other information, click on the little down arrow.
Now, let’s say you want to find out the number for a specific section or selected words. You can do the same following the above guide. Just highlight or select the text and open the Word Count tool.
If you already enable the checkbox I talked about above, you do not need to follow the process again.
Just select the text and check.
Is there any Keyboard Shortcut?
To check word count on Google docs quicker, you’ll be able to use the keyboard shortcut.
Finding your word count is a straightforward task with the keyboard shortcut. Below are the shortcuts to find the number of words in a Google doc.
- For Mac, you’ll be able to use Command + Shift + C.
- For Windows, you’ll be able to use Ctrl + Shift + C.
Check Word Count on Google Docs on Android Devices
To find the number of words in Google Docs on an Android device, follow this guide:
- First, you’ve got to install the Google Docs app from the Google Play Store.
- Now open your document within the Google Docs app.
- Tap on the three vertical dot menu within the upper right corner of the document.
- Tap on the menu and open Word Count.
- You can currently see a pop-up box of Word Count. This pop-up box can show the number of words for the chosen section out of the complete Google document and the way several characters out of the complete characters of the document.
On iOS Devices
To get the word count in Google Docs on your iOS device, follow the same guide for Android I just talked about above.
A quick guide:
- Install the Google Docs app from the App Store.
- Open the document using the app and open the menu.
- From Menu, open Word Count.
- You can currently see a pop-up box of Word Count. This word count box can show the number of words for the chosen section out of the complete Google Docs document and the way several characters out of the complete characters of the document.
What is included/not included in the word count?
- It typically excludes content in headers, footers, and footnotes.
- It additionally doesn’t count symbols like the “<” or “>” signs.
- It is not possible to count word count while not quotes in Google Document.
- It counts em dashes.
- It includes some words found in long links (URLs).
Can I include footnotes in the word count?
Google Document doesn’t embody footnotes within the word count of a document. Every word counter for every app works a bit otherwise and counts words a bit otherwise.
Why Check Word Count?
This depends on you. Maybe you want to find out how long this piece of content is. Or there can be a minimum or maximum limit for the document you want to write.
Check out these amazing articles: