Sometimes once you are attempting to install an app from Google Play Store on your phone, you’ll encounter a slip-up message that says “Your device is not compatible with this version“.
You’ll not see any Install button on the app page.
This error typically happens on high-end apps that need a special environment like Processing power, storage capacity, etc. However, there are many alternative reasons which will cause this error on Google Play Store.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you numerous ways to mend the “your device is not compatible with this version” error on your Android phone easily.
Why does this error happen in the Play Store?
Let’s find out the explanations which will cause the “your device is not compatible with this version” error on Google Play Store:
- There are nice possibilities that your phone is running on the Android version that is presently not supported by the app you want to install on your device.
- Another reason may well be that your device does not meet the hardware necessities of the apps. This may happen if your phone has low RAM memory and you’re making an attempt to put in any massive app or game like PUBG.
- It might be potential that there’s some technical defect within the Google Play Store app on your phone because of that it’s showing this error message. This issue will be fastened simply.
- Some apps are created to figure on explicit smartphones solely. They’ll not work on alternative Android phones and you’ll get this error “device not compatible” whereas you are trying to install them from Google Play Store.
Fix the ” Your device isn’t compatible with this version” Error
So, here are several ways that can be used to fix this error on Google Play Store:
Clear Google Play Store Data
As we’ve already mentioned, this error will be caused by some technical defect within the Google Play Store app. You’ll be able to merely fix that issue by clearing the app cache and app data of the Google Play Store app on your phone.
Follow the following steps:
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Open Google Play Store app from the apps list. (Alternatively, tap and hold on the Google Play Store app from the home screen or app drawer and tap App Info).
- Open the Storage and cache option.
- Here, you’ll have two options; Clear storage and Clear cache.
- Now tap on the “Clear cache” button. This may delete all cached data of the Google Play Store app.
- Next, tap on the “Clear data” button then click okay to ensure it. Please note that this feature can delete all of the app’s data as well as files, settings, accounts, databases, etc.
Now once you can open the Google Play Store app on your phone, you have got to check in to your Google account once more. After that, simply move to the app you were trying to install. If you’re lucky, you would not see any error this time.
Recommended: How to Clear Browser Cache In Google Chrome [Fast]
Clear Google Play Services Data
Sometimes Google Play Services app may cause the “your device isn’t compatible with this version” error on your Android phone because of some technical problems.
Again, this may be fastened by clearing the app’s cached data. The steps are nearly constant as we’ve shared above.
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Find the Google Play Services app.
- Choose the Storage and cache option.
- Now tap on the “Clear data” and the “Clear cache” buttons one after the other.
Install the app using APK file
If the Google Play Store continues to be showing constant error messages, then you’ll be able to seek this workaround by installing the app directly using the app’s APK file. You’ll be able to download the APK file from third-party app stores or websites.
You can use APKMirror/APKPure. These two websites are the foremost widespread app stores for Android devices. These contain the majority of apps that are obtainable on the Google Play Store. Once you have got downloaded the APK file, simply install it on your phone.
You will be asked to enable permission for installing apps from unknown sources. If you’re facing any error whereas installing the app, then attempt to install some older versions. They will be compatible together with your device. APKMirror and APKPure conjointly provide the ability to download any version of the app you wish to download.
Update your Android phone’s Firmware
If your phone is running on an Android version that isn’t supported by the app, then conjointly you’ll be able to get the “your device isn’t compatible with this version” error on Google Play Store.
During this case, we’ll suggest you update your phone’s firmware with the latest Android version update. To check if any update is available for your device, go to Settings > System updates. However, whenever there is an update available, it’ll show a notification that an update is available.
In case you missed the notification, you can read this guide on How to Recover Lost Notifications On Android.
Solve the Storage Capacity Problem
Last however not least, you’ll be able to attempt to fix the “your device isn’t compatible with this version” error by solving the storage capacity problem. You might be running out of space. Read the following tutorials to solve any of the storage problems on Android devices.
- How to Fix Insufficient Storage Error (Android & iOS)
- Free Up Storage on any Android using Google Photos
- Duplicate Files Fixer- Increase Storage Capacity of Your Device
So these were some of the ways you can solve the “your device isn’t compatible with this version” error on the Google Play Store. Hope it’d be informative and useful.
Tell us which method solved your problem and is there any other way to solve this error in the comment section down below.