Disable Google Assistant: Google Assistant is an AI-powered virtual assistant created by Google. You can interact with it in a manner of communication through voice commands and keyboard inputs (typing).
There’s a lot of stuff you can do with Google Assistant. For example, you’ll be able to make calls, ask any type of question, check the weather, news and perform numerous different helpful tasks on your phone.
Google Assistant comes pre-installed on Android devices.
For fast accessibility, it’s easy to the home button by default. Simply by holding the home button on your phone, Google Assistant will be ready for action. Then you’ll be able to open the app fully.
Google Assistant can show you some fast suggestions. you’ll be able to act with it and ask questions as if you’re talking with some real person.
It usually happens to several those that once they click on their home button, Google Assistant opens accidentally.
There’s little doubt that Google Assistant may be a smart feature however solely thanks to this drawback, some individuals need to disable it from their devices.
If you furthermore may need to try and do that, then this tutorial is for you. let’s examine however it’s done!
How to Disable Google Assistant on Android
Google Assistant may be a feature of the Google app. there’s AN choice within the setting of the Google app through that you’ll be able to disable Google Assistant from the house button on your mechanical man phone.
Here’s the step by step process you need to follow:
- Press and hold the home button to open the Google Assistant app.
- Click on the Google account profile picture at the top-right corner. Click on that and so click Settings from the menu list. (On some devices, there will be a More option at the bottom).
- Switch to the Assitant tab. (On some devices, choose the Google Assistant option).
- Scroll all the way down, there’ll be a Phone option within the Assistant devices heading. (On some devices, you have to scroll down and find the General option).
- Finally, simply toggle the Google Assistant button to turn it off.
Even after turning it off, you can still see a message like “Your Google Assistant is prepared to assist you to get things done flip ON” when you will press the home button on your phone.
If you’re getting this message, try the following steps:
Why do I need to do this even after turning it off?
There is an option in Android settings wherever you’ll be able to set that app you wish to use as your device assistant. There are several other apps like the Browser app, Phone app, etc. These are called the default apps.
So, to disable Google Assistant from your phone completely, you have got to remove it from the default apps.
- Go to the Settings > Apps.
- Find the Default apps option here.
- Next, click the Assist and voice input option followed by the Default digital assistant app.
- Here you’ll see a few options as your device assistant, choose the None option.
- That’s it.
Now will not see Google Assistant popped up accidentally after you will hold the home button on your Android phone.
If you ever need to show on Google Assistant once more, simply follow the same steps. thus that is everything you wish to understand concerning this tutorial.