Telegram is one of the most popular messaging apps with a vast user base. However, Telegram chats or messages might be accidentally deleted or lost for various reasons. When something unexpected happens, you will discover how tough it is to recover deleted photos and Telegram messages, as Telegram does not provide a data recovery solution. However, this does not rule out the possibility of Telegram data retrieval.
We have compiled three methods for recovering lost photos and messages in the Telegram app on one page. Read on to understand and learn more on how to recover deleted photos!
Recover Deleted Photos and Videos using a File Manager
This approach, which makes use of your device’s File Manager, is the simplest way to restore deleted Telegram files. Let’s get started with the steps.
- When your chat is gone, go to your phone’s File Manager and tap the ‘Telegram’ folder.
- Then, to see your deleted files, click on Telegram Images, Telegram Video, and so on.
- All of your photographs, movies, and other documents will be preserved there. If you lose Telegram Documents or Telegram Audio, you can open them as well.
Using the Android Folder
Suppose you erased all of the data from the Telegram folder in File Manager for some reason. In that case, you could still restore the deleted Telegram files. While using an app, it is common for it to establish a cache to improve its usefulness. Thanks to this cache, you can retrieve deleted data, photos, documents, and other items. Let’s look at how we may obtain our data back from the Telegram cache folder.
- Select the Internal storage option in the File Manager app on your Android phone.
- A list of a few folders will appear here. Open the “Android” folder.
- Select the Data folder.
- Here, you’ll see different folders, and you’ll need to find and select the Telegram-specific one. The name will be org.telegram.messenger.
- You’ll now notice two separate Telegram files, one for the name cache and the other for the name files. You must choose the cache folder. Here, you’ll find a huge list of photos, movies, documents, audio files, and other media files on telegram.
- You can save the desired files by copying or cutting them from this folder and saving them to the phone’s gallery, much like the prior technique.
Using DiskDigger App
We have already covered the article on this app, you can find it here.
How to Recover Files on Telegram Desktop
Telegram desktop’s “Export Telegram Data” capability is the most useful tool since it is not available in other versions of Telegram. However, before canceling your Telegram account, you’ll need to export everything on it. Follow these steps:
- Open Telegram on your computer.
- Click on the Three Horizontal Bars.
- Select “Settings” from the menu bar.
- Select “Advanced” from the menu.
- Go to “Export Telegram data” under “Data and storage.”
- Select “Photos and Videos” from the drop-down menu.
- To export all of your photographs and videos, choose “Export,” and select a folder to save those files.
Recover Deleted Media on Telegram Web
Few people use Telegram on their computers, and if you’re one of them and accidentally erased the chats with all those beautiful photographs, movies, and gifs, you might be seeking a means to get them back.
Unfortunately, no cache is saved when you use Telegram on a PC. No Telegram folders are created automatically, just like on Android. As a result, you will be unable to recover any files, images, or other material that you may have accidentally lost on Telegram.
However, you can avoid this by manually saving the files that you receive from time to time. The steps to save files to your computer are as follows:
- Open any web browser and open Telegram.
- Then, select any of the chat messages that you want to save.
- Click on “Ctrl+P.”
- Choose “Change” to save your chat history in any method that is comfortable for you.
- Finally, to back up Telegram chat messages and photographs, click “Save.”
These were some easy methods you can use in case you have deleted your photos and videos on Telegram and want to retrieve them. Just follow these steps and you can recover your deleted photos or videos without any stress or hassle!