It is common for us to leave outdated information or data on our phones for an extended period. However, when we do decide to update it, the task turns into a bulk. For instance, the contact app is a proprietor of many outdated references, whether it’s the contact of your former colleagues or an old flame you never wish to meet again. Regardless, the contact app needs frequent cleaning on all of our phones, but for iOS users, this becomes a hectic task since there is no easy way to delete multiple contacts on iPhone. Or is there?
Unfortunately, Apple hasn’t yet provided a way to efficiently delete multiple contacts on iPhone; however, if you have access to a PC and have backed up your contacts on iCloud, there is one way you can try.
How to Delete Multiple Contacts in iPhone Using iCloud
To move forward with the method, users must back up their data to iCloud. This way, the contacts stored in your iCloud ID can be accessed from other devices as well. The functioning of iCloud is pretty simple, and any modification to your data saved in iCloud (including contacts) will automatically display across all your linked devices. Hence, to delete multiple contacts on iPhone, iCloud users can use a Mac or PC to edit the backed-up contact data.
- Go to icloud.com using any web browser and log in with the iCloud account using your Apple ID and password.
- Next, select contacts on the front page.
- You will see a list on the left of all the contacts saved on your iPhone and backed up in your iCloud ID. To delete multiple at once, hold Ctrl (for Mac) or Shift (for Windows PC) and click on the contacts you want to select. You can simultaneously scroll down to find more contacts to select.
- After you have selected all the contacts you want Delete, you can release the Ctrl/Shift key and click on the gear icon on the left corner of the screen. A pop-up menu will appear; hit the Delete option from it.
- Again select Delete in the pop-up for confirmation.
That is all. The same changes will be implemented on your phone and all the other devices synced to your iCloud ID.
- How to Free Up Storage Space On iPhone
- ShotOn Watermark – How to embed On Your iPhone Captured Photos
- How to Setup Google Assistant on iPhone
Gone are those days when you had to select and delete each contact on your phone one by one. Now you can say goodbye to that tiresome task and are free to delete multiple contacts in your iPhone by using iCloud services. Once you sync your iOS devices, you can uncover various additional benefits as well. We hope that you found this guide helpful, and in case of any queries, feel free to leave a comment below.