Incoming calls not showing is a common issue seen in many Android phones. When your phone keeps ringing during an incoming call, but the screen does not wake up, or when the display is active, but the pop-up to attend or deny the call does not show up. It leaves you unable to identify the caller.
If that happens to you often, there is no need to break a sweat because, fortunately there are abundant ways to fix such an issue. And today, we are here to help with this exact problem of incoming calls not showing on the screen. So keep on reading!
Fix Incoming Calls Not Showing
If your mobile screen is active, yet the incoming call notification does not appear on your screen, or maybe it did, but you accidentally hit the back button, here is a solution to reach the call screen again.
Generally, when you press back on an incoming call, you still see a green bar on the notification Panel. This indicates an incoming call that you have to pick up or deny
If you try to go back to the caller screen by clicking the call App, it will not work. So, here is what to do:
- Draw the notification panel down to expand it.
- Press clear all to reveal the incoming call notification. Now, you should be able to see the caller ID.
- Now, tap the green panel to open the full caller screen and accept/deny the call.
Indeed, it is a better trick for those who accidentally press back and want to learn how to reach the caller screen again.
If incoming calls are frequently not showing on your screen, this will only work as a temporary solution.
For a permanent fix, try another method.
Fix incoming calls not showing on Screen
If you have a Samsung device, using the limitless dialler features can contribute to why incoming calls have stopped showing on your screen. A nuisance that it is, there are ways to fix this bug by trying the following techniques.
Remove the Call Background
Enabling the call background feature on your phone can contribute to this error. The least you can do is try removing it to see if the caller screen works now. Here is how to disable the call background feature.
- Open the Phone/Call App and tap on the three-dot icon to lead to the menu.
- Select the setting from the menu.
- Next, hit the call background button.
- Here, select the background and then tap the three-dot icon again. Click on delete backgrounds.
- Custom-select all the backgrounds at once and tap on the delete icon.
- Henceforth, the default call background will be restored, removing the custom call background option.
Change Call Display
Some phones have a default setting to display calls in only a mini pop-up view when the screen is active. Disable this feature to switch to the full-screen caller ID view when you receive a call.
- Open the Phone App.
- Tap on the menu button and select settings from there.
- Tap on the call display option.
- Scroll down to find and select Call display while using the apps option.
- Here, it will show you alternatives, depending on your device. The basic ones are Full Screen, Small PopUp, and Mini PopUp.
- Tap on Full Screen to enable the wide-view notification during an incoming call.
Check the DND Mode
If changing the display and background also doesn’t help, i.e., Incoming Calls are still not showing on your screen, then perhaps the DND mode is our culprit.
DND or Do Not Disturb mode blocks all incoming notifications, including phone calls. Your device will not show the caller screen in full view if DND is turned on, but only a green panel will appear on top, as an alert.
Here is how to check DND Mode and turn it off:
- Drag to expand your notifications panel. Slide to find the Do Not Disturb button. If it is blue that means the mode is on. Tap on it to disable it.
- If you cannot find the DND button in the settings panel, then you can manually search for it in the settings app.
- Go to the sounds option under settings, and tap the Do Not Disturb button there. If it is on, then click on turn off now.
- If you prefer to keep DND mode on, then go to calls, messages, and conversations under Do not Disturb.
- Then, tap on Calls and Allow All calls in DND mode.
Enable Call Notification
Call notifications are generally enabled as a default in all smartphones unless someone changes this setting manually. However, if you have recently updated your phone, that can be a potential factor as well. Follow these steps to enable call notification again:
- Open the settings to go to Apps & Notifications.
- Click on the default phone app.
Then tap on Notifications to check if the toggle to “show notifications” is on or off. Turn it on if it was not on before.
And that’s it. You can try changing the behaviour of call notifications as well by clicking on Incoming Calls>Behaviour > then changing it to make a sound or pop up on the screen.
More on Notifications:
Give Special App Access
As we know, granting certain permissions is necessary for all apps to function. Therefore, if your screen is still not showing incoming call notifications, it may be due to a permission error.
Follow these steps to check if your device has approved the special app access.
- Go to the settings and then apps and notifications.
- Tap on the Advanced option and select Special app access.
- Select the “display over other apps” option.
- Next, find the Phone App and allow “Display over other apps” for it.
Reset App Preferences to Fix Incoming Calls Not Showing
If there are other potential settings disruptions, one can try resetting the App preferences to set it to its default settings. So if the incoming calls are not showing, trying this may help:
- Go to the settings then Apps and Notifications.
- Then select all apps and tap on the three-dot icon at the top right.
- Select to reset app preferences, after which it will display a pop-up on the screen. Tap on Reset apps.
That is all you have to do. If you are concerned about your data, then worry not because none of your data will get deleted if you reset your apps.
Restart your Phone
If none of the above-mentioned methods comes to your aid, try a simple trick that works for most issues: Restart. If your calls continue not showing, try to restart your phone once and see if the problem goes away.
Fix Incoming Calls Not Showing – Clear Cache and Data
Clearing the App Cache is often the most obvious solution to many app errors. Thus, if incoming calls are still not showing on your phone, resorting to this trick may finally resolve your problems. Remember that clearing the cache will not delete your data.
- Again, open Settings and go to Apps and Notifications.
- Find the Phone App and click it.
- Then tap on storage and cache.
- On the next screen, find the Clear cache button, and press it.
- Lastly, Restart the device.
If the problem continues, follow the above steps again, but instead of clearing the cache, delete the app data.
Note: clearing app data will delete all your call logs, so only use this as your last resort.
Read Related Posts:
These were all the possible fixes that may help you solve the issue of incoming calls not showing on the screen. If the problem continues, then there must be an underlying issue we are unfit to detect. In this case, we suggest taking your phone to the nearest service centre.