For all the music lovers out there the need for a good headphone cannot be understood by anyone more than you.
While good headphones cover the ears properly and make the experience of listening to the music more enjoyable they also cut off the unnecessary sound coming from the background.
Headphones are comfortable when compared to earphones and give a super comfy feeling while listening to music, playing online games, or watching movies.
Since the market is already flooded with numerous brands that manufacture the best headphones a little know-how of buying guidelines and tips make the choice easy to a great extent.
Guide to Headphone
So if you are planning to buy a headphone keep the following guidelines under your belt to make the best and smartest choice of your life. Let us take an insight at every important feature one by one.
When we talk about the design of the headphone the following are the most widely used:
- Over-ear: They are bigger in size and are circularly shaped which covers every inch of the ear and block away from the outside noise completely.
- On-ear: They cover the ears but less as compared to the over-ear ones. Although lightweight, they are not able to slab the outside noise completely.
- In-ear: They get fitted directly into the ear canals and can be linked with earphones largely. With their ear tips made in different shapes and size, they are mostly used by professional musicians.
The design of the strap is equally important and is made in three different styles as neckband, headband, and ear hook design.
This is the most important part to consider while buying a headphone. Since the main purpose of a headphone is canceling the outside noise while listening to the music, the ones coming with active noise cancellation ability seems the best.
If you want to perceive the richest sound quality always look for the surround sound ability of the headphone. Those that utilize multiple audio channels and endow sound with complete accuracy are the best to ponder upon.
This comes under relatively technical terminology which needs to be considered while buying the best headphone. Just at the frame of the ear cups are attached the magnets which work for altering the signal through the diaphragm and cable.
Generally, Ferrite and neodymium are used in the headphones. While neodymium is little heavier than ferrite, the later one needs to be preferred. Although the sound quality remains same for both the magnets, the weight becomes the issue.
Size of the Driver
The driver is directly related to the conversion of electric signals. For the low range frequencies, the use of large-sized drivers is more suitable while if there are high range frequencies the ones with the small size of drivers are greatly preferred. So it all depends upon your choice what to select.
With the technological advancements, the headphones are manufactures which work with Bluetooth. These are the most preferred headphones these days as the mess with wires get eliminated completely. With such headphones, all that you need is to pair it up with your laptop or mobile and you are all set to enjoy the music wirelessly.
Purpose of Buying
Last but not the least thing to sort out is your major purpose of buying the headphone.
- If you want to have it just for listening to the music at home, choosing the ones which are best to give the sound quality and not the portability are the best. Being at home with ease you can afford a little heavier headphone if it comprises features of endowing great sound.
- If you prefer classical music, going for open-back headphones which produce a rich sound suit the best for a great experience.
- If you want a headphone while jogging, walking or driving, the wireless ones are the best for you to splurge upon. Connect them to your phone or car and you are all set to go.
- Being an avid gamer if you are looking for a headphone that gives you the best experience while gaming sessions; consider the one which gives a 3D surround sound effect with a great bass quality. A multi-channel gaming headphone is going to be the best for you.
Choosing a good headphone is not a rocket science if your preferences are sorted and you know your priorities well.
With the above tips on hand, you can definitely make the best choice and end up with the best headphone at the most affordable price.
While these guidelines will help you sort out the most suitable headphone of your choice, your experience of listening to the music will get elevated manifolds. So chose wisely and enjoy!